San Diego, CA 92121
JOB #: 18092001-SDS
JOB DESCRIPTION: Growing and Stable San Diego Company is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team. Ideal Candidate will have a required BA degree in Accounting and a minimum of 3 years of recent and related work experience. Must have experience working with Government Contractors & Electronics Inventory. Strong advanced skills in Excel - pivot tables - v- lookup. Audit experience is also a plus. Must be able to deal with multiple, changing priorities in an organized manner. Ability to meet deadlines effectively and efficiently. Excellent communication skills and high attention to detail. Assertive, goal oriented, flexible and organized. This is a Direct Hire position. Pay is $55k -$60k
• Conduct monthly and annual inventory cycle counts.
• Plan and schedule monthly and annual inventory counts.
• Work with the Camera Systems Group to complete the counts and reconcile any variances.
• Document and report the findings of each count to management.
• Prepare monthly reconciliations of assigned inventory project accounts.
• Identify and resolve any variances.
• Prepare inventory journal entries.
• Administer both MSSS and government owned property and equipment in accordance with company policy and procedures, including:
• Prepare monthly and annual required reports to NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL).
• Liaise with JPL regarding all JPL property in the company’s possession.
• Track and tag fixed assets.
• Plan and schedule annual asset counts.
• Prepare quarterly sales tax returns
• Prepare the quarterly sales tax returns and supporting documentation.
• Work with Sales Tax Auditors
• Support the Accounting Department by completing other duties needed.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$ 55k to $ 60k
• Government Contractor Experience
• Electronics’ Inventory
• BA Degree in Accounting
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com