Strategic Sourcing Specialist/Sr Materials Manager
San Diego, CA 92128
Job Duties: Job Scope: Planning and procurement of materials (electronics components) to Contract Manufacturers in China.
- Qualifying suppliers, involving potential Engineering changes including end of life components.
- Communicating with CM regarding part shortages and planning adjustments.
- Working with Consigned materials, especially proprietary components such as ASICs, Consigning suppliers.
- Working with both U.S. Suppliers and Distributors.
- Negotiating pricing with suppliers
- Utilizing a manual MRP system and ability to understand and deploy an MRP System. (Prerequisites are in process – System should be launched in about 9 months)
- Utilizing Expandable, the ERP system used for purchasing
- Travel – 0 %
- Occasional international teleconferences after normal business hours.
- Vision through
- Life, AD&D and Long-term disability coverage for each employee
- supplemental Life, AD&D and short-term disability for employee and dependents
- 401k Plan with wide selection of investment funds
- Flexible Spending (FSA/125) plan for medical and dependent care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 17 days of paid time off each year plus 9 paid holidays annually
- Electric vehicle charging stations, free to employees
- Travel insurance when traveling on company business
- Quick turnaround on expense reimbursement with direct deposit
- Flexible work schedule, fun, collaborative work environment
- Membership in state-of-the-art gymnasium at San Diego office campus.
- 10 – 15 years experience in a progressive materials management/procurement role
- Experience with both manual and electronic MRP system and transition between.
- Strategic Sourcing Experience in electronics components – preferably in Telecommunications, must be in RF Consumer Electronics at minimum.
- Experienced working with Asian CMs
- Proven Experience negotiating pricing with suppliers
- Must be self- motivated, taking ownership of responsibilities, self- starting, self- managing. Proactive, taking initiative and working in a collaborative team environment.
- Educational Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree and Certifications such as APICS highly desirable.