San Diego, CA 92131
Do you enjoy working in a small, relaxed environment where you can learn and grow? Our firm is a single discipline structural engineering firm serving a wide variety of large and small clients on nearly all types of projects. From municipal to industrial, private to commercial, a wide range of project breadth and diversity. Our motto is - Bring on the challenge! We’ve even been known to bring some magic to life at some of the world’s most renowned theme parks!
As a member of our team, you will be supported by a technical staff of over 20 employees with professional licenses in over 30 states, as well as in-house administrative and marketing resources. We have internal committees within the company geared towards improving the experience, efficiency, and competency of its employees. Our environment provides our employees the ability to learn and grow their technical expertise through a wide range of projects, while also valuing work-life balance.
Duties include structural engineering design and consulting and related report writing, drafting design, forensic studies, seismic evaluations, condition assessments and other structural engineering related duties. Experience in diverse structural engineering materials and markets is a plus, however we will provide ongoing training and those with more specific backgrounds will certainly be considered.
We are seeking a Structural Engineer with 2-4 years of engineering experience.
- BS or MS in Structural or Civil engineering from an ABET accredited university with experience and/or education related to structural engineering (fundamental knowledge in steel, concrete, wood structural analysis as well as seismic analysis/design).
- A desire and aptitude to learn and collaborate in a team environment
- Strong technical skills, organizational abilities and work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Office Suite, Autocad experience a plus.
- EIT required, PE preferred
- Education and/or experience in seismic design preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
We offer a generous benefits package, competitive salary, a desirable location, and a fun and casual office environment with a diverse variety of structural engineering projects.
Please visit our website at www.tristaff.com to view all our job postings.