Systems Project Manager – Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA 90039
JOB #: 69238 - TJM
KEY WORDS: Technical Theater, electrical, commercial lighting, project management
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Project Manager will work under the Project Director to manage projects as assigned. It is the Project Manager’s responsibility to supports sales with projects in development as needed by offering technical design assistance, reviewing drawings, and offering input for estimating resources required for the labor portion of the job.
• Assess existing systems on site for upgrade / repair needs
• Set up and execute equipment demos for clients
• Initiate a discovery phase to gather all available data, drawings and specifications on the project and acquire additional information to properly design, procure and install
• Create a detailed work plan which identifies resources and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project; review the schedule with senior management and other staff that will be affected; revise the schedule as required
• Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
• Execute a site visit to verify field measurements, confirm existing equipment, and evaluate wiring or other project requirements
• Coordinate design and drawing requirements, work with internal resources to provide submittals per the project schedule
• Select staff and/or contract consultants with appropriate skills for the project activities
• Supervise and coordinate installation crews and sub-contractors provided per the established policies and practices of the organization
• Request POs, manage approvals and follow up on payments for outside resources
• Update stakeholders, management, project team members and client on the progress of the project
• Request POs and release materials per the project plan; create out contracts as needed
• RMA processing as required
• Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures per established accounting policies and procedures, report variance to senior management on a regular basis
• Ensure that Project Technicians are issuing Daily Site Reports
• Comply with all safety requirements of the company and the client’s site
• Oversee the programming and configuration of all system equipment per specifications
• Oversee the check-in and prep all incoming materials and equipment per the BOM and system design documentation
• Complete final punch list items, oversee final systems checks, ensure a final handover, and issue a final Warranty letter to the client
• Organize client training per the contract
• Evaluate and report to management on the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$ 85K-95K per year
• Bonus: N/A
• Comprehensive Benefits Package and 5% match 401K.
• Fast growing stable organization
• Control System installation management experience in either AV or Lighting.
• Understanding of Entertainment or Architectural lighting.
• Construction management with regards to Electrical installation.
• 3 years project planning and/or management experience in the construction or entertainment field
• Solid knowledge of electricity and electronics
• In depth knowledge of DMX, SACN, RDM and manufacturer specific lighting networking protocols
• Ability to read and interpret system drawings, electrical schematics, architectural plans and lighting plots
• ETC Certified commissioning technician preferred
• OSHA 10 certification preferred
• ETCP Electricians Certification preferred
• Excellent computer skills and familiarity with applicable hardware and software
• Hold and maintain a valid Driver’s License
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theatre or a similar field (or equivalent professional experience)
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com