Technical Implementation Engineer – Global Customer Systems Support
San Diego, CA 92122
JOB #: 19011701 - P
KEY WORDS: software developer, systems administrator, implementation, project manager, customer support, sustaining engineering, sustaining engineer, embedded, physics, Linux, Python, systems architect, systems engineer, Linux, GPU, CPU, big data, analytics, graphics, vision, imaging, 3D, gaming, medical imaging, DoD, defense, virtualization, data center, networks, networking, security
San Diego Startup Company developing scientific imaging and authentication systems is hiring a Senior Customer Support Engineer.
This is an important role as Customer Support Engineer will be the face of the company and work closely with customers. The key duties revolve around sustainment and support of their technologically advanced security and authentication systems.
Their systems manage hardware machines and software applications that process very high-volume computational and graphical data. These systems are hosted in high-security private networks located across the globe, so there will be significant (up to 50%) travel.
• You’ll be involved from the planning stages through the software and electronics installations, training, and post-implementation support.
• You’ll act as the main conduit to communicate information with internal teams.
• You’ll use a range of technical expertise related to software infrastructure and will troubleshoot issues using Python, C++, Linux, and other related technologies.
To apply, email a resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (firstname.lastname@example.org). This role requires US Citizenship. You will primarily work onsite in their San Diego, CA offices and will travel globally to customers’ sites.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$80,000 to $ 110,000 base per year
• Comprehensive medical benefits (90% of the premium for the employee and 83-85% for dependents), dental, vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance
• Pre-IPO Equity
• Matching 401K
• Flexible spending account (FSA)
• Seven (7) paid holidays plus two paid (2) floating holidays equaling nine (9) in total.
• Paid Time Off (PTO): 15 PTO days per year (5 hours per pay period) based on company policy. With seniority, you will accrue more PTO per company policy.
• All applicants must have US Citizenship to be considered.
• Minimum of 5 years of Software Programming, Systems Administration, and/or Technical Support experience for complex systems using primarily Python
• Must have 3 years of experience in some combination of software engineering of embedded systems, systems engineering, and test and integration or relevant experimental work.
• Computer experience including use of Linux or Unix with some system administrator abilities.
• Strong technical problem-solving skills and enthusiastic about learning new tools & technologies
• Display excellent initiative to tackle work and provide timely solutions
• Excellent working knowledge of software lifecycle with experience in multiple methodologies
• Cross-cultural awareness, ability to work effectively with different functions and seniority levels to successfully influence all levels of the organization
• Ability to demonstrate significant levels of autonomy and mature capability to define deliverables based on longer term and often ambiguous objectives
• Understanding the entire system or product line to maintain consistency, while applying your innovation and creativity skills
• Familiarity with various scheduling tools and methodologies and ability to schedule tasks for subordinate engineers and keep them on track
• Ability to troubleshoot electronics and complex systems.
• Ability to communicate between external users and internal teams.
• Secret Security Clearance preferred.
• Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer science or related field. Graduate degrees desirable.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com