Technical Manager Software Development – Azure, .NET, Stable SaaS Company
San Diego, CA 92121 | Direct Hire
JOB #: 18070601 - P
JOB DESCRIPTION: Established, Privately-held Software Company creating best in class applications in the retail industry is hiring a key leader for their Software Team. As a Lead Software Engineer/ Technical Software Manager, you will utilize your skills as a “player/coach” for small team of four senior level engineers. This is a high-impact role that’s ideal for a business-minded engineering leader, as you’ll report directly to the CEO.
As the Lead Software Engineer/Manager, you’ll provide technical and career development direction in an Agile environment. This role will require solid project management skills to add more accountability for completing projects on time. This does not require hands-on coding, but will require deep and current knowledge of the latest web applications technologies to create best-in-class web based applications for their established customer base.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader, collaborative, curious, versatile, organized, and intrinsically motivated to improve themselves and others around them. You’ll join a family-oriented, small software company with a dedicated Executive Team and loyal customer base of over 3,500 retailers. The leadership team values ethics, career growth, and work/life balance, thus the average employee tenure is over 10 years!
• Provide leadership, guidance and motivation to the development team.
• Oversee code deployment process, ensuring sufficient change testing, defect tracking and coverage for after-hours support.
• Build relationships with business stakeholders, infrastructure teams, other IT teams and vendors. Drive projects and improvement activities across the extended team(s).
• Manage development of Cloud-based web services using technologies, such as C#.NET, AngularJS (version 6), Azure, and SQL.
• Evaluate requirements of feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Analyze product requirements and create software architectures and designs.
• Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems.
• Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning.
• Mentor and grow superstar Software Engineers to take on increasingly higher responsibilities.
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA. Local candidates only, please.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$120K to $140K
• Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
• Profit Sharing/bonuses
• Casual, supportive, and flexible work environment. Can work from home 1-2 days per week as needed.
• Must have minimum of 2 years in a technical management or leadership role
• Must have minimum of 10 years of hands-on software development experience.
• Excellent Agile Project Management skills, with proven track record of delivering results.
• Must have current knowledge of C#.NET, SQL, web-based, microservices, Cloud/SaaS (Azure preferred), and AngularJS.
• Must have 2+ years’ experience managing software teams that develop or maintain web-based, SaaS, or cloud based business applications.
• Success delivering products/services in a collaborative environment, exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems
• Able to lead complex technical discussions with developers and engineers, building consensus and creating action plans.
• High attention to detail with proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Customer Support, and Senior Leadership
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
• BS Degree in Computer Science preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com