Test Automation Engineer for Modeling Software – Waltham, MA
Waltham, MA 02452
JOB #: 68845 – TJ#3
JOB DESCRIPTION: We are seeking an experienced software test automation and quality assurance (QA) engineer with a strong background in black box testing. You will be embedded in a collaborative software development team and play a critical role in helping us deliver quality software by expanding our existing automated UI and functional test suites, and through manual testing. Your title and salary will be commensurate with your education and experience.
Our software is envisioned and created by world-class engineers in many disciplines: software engineering, numerical physics, statistics, electrical engineering, quality assurance and development operations. We’ve focused on agility by enabling individuals to take initiative and find innovative solutions to hard problems. We have access to many more resources, and exciting opportunities for collaboration within the company. We are looking to hire engineers with broad skills who are ready to contribute in multiple ways, to enable our customers’ success.
• Validate the functionality and accuracy of our semiconductor virtual fabrication environment
• Design and create automated test cases for UI, functional and performance test suites.
• Help improve automation framework through Python scripting.
• Participate in planning and design discussions with the software development team
• Collaborate with software developers to isolate and resolve defects
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$ 75K to $ 120K per year
• competitive comprehensive benefits package
2-4+ years of relevant engineering experience
Experience in UI/functional test automation for desktop applications
Proficiency with Python or similar scripting language
Proficiency with Linux operating system
Team oriented personality with excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
Experience with Qt framework and Squish automated testing framework
Experience as a user or tester of 3D software such as CAD, CAE or TCAD tools
Semiconductor technology and processing education and/or experience
• BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline