VP of Finance – Established, Fast-Growth Technology Company
San Diego, CA 92122
JOB #: 18082991 - P
KEY WORDS: CFO, VP, Vice President, VP Finance, Director of Finance, Controller, Accounting, Director Accounting, software, hardware, networking, AWS, VMware, hosted services, cloud, data center, IT services, reseller, Telecom, consulting, VOIP, VAR, value added reseller
JOB DESCRIPTION: Stable and thriving San Diego based Technology Company is expanding their Executive Team with a new Vice President of Finance. To take them to the next level, they are seeking a strategic leader who has proven experience in growing other technology sector companies.
You’ll manage a small team of 4 accounting and finance professionals, so while this role will involve higher level, forward-thinking initiatives, you’ll also be expected to mentor and be directly involved with day to day reporting, budgeting, and P&L activities.
This established business is in a major growth mode due to a new Executive Team who has worked together throughout their careers and gone through very successful exits and acquisitions.
If you’re a driven Senior Controller or Director of Finance ready to take the next step in your career and have a more impactful role, or are a seasoned VP who wants to work with a stellar and non-political team, we want to hear from you!
To apply, send your resume to Kanani Masterson at TriStaff Group – firstname.lastname@example.org – for confidential review. Locally based candidates preferred as this is a full-time, onsite position in central San Diego.
• Oversee all finance related activities for business unit including developing and monitoring progress against Annual Operating Plan
• Responsible for financial analysis, identification of month-end financial drivers, and forecasting, including headcount planning to ensure compliance with state requirements
• Perform financial impact analysis for new contracts and support negotiations with new and existing customers
• Review monthly performance and financial results of the business unit and provide recommendations to C-level
• Establish financial strategic vision, objectives, policies and procedures in support of the overall strategic plan
• Oversee and validate pricing models and lead initiatives to identify inefficiencies and areas of development and improvement
• 8+ years in a high-level finance role in Technology Company (software, hardware, etc.) and/or IT services industries
• Direct management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff
• Experience with product and services pricing and related accounting issues
• Experience with forecasting and strategic financial planning for pre-IPO Company highly preferred.
• Ideal Personality Qualities: resourceful, Ability to roll with the punches and think on your feet, exceptional negotiation skills, excellent communicator and listener, meticulous, entrepreneurial spirit, able to participate in friendly banter, proactive, and non-political.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related area is required; MBA or Master’s Degree in finance, accounting and/or legal preferred.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
$150-170K base + stock
• Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision, 401K, disability, life, PTO plan)
• Casual work environment.
• Pre-IPO equity
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com