eCommerce Merchandising Lead - Electronics Category
San Diego, CA
Job description Number: 19021301 - P
Location: San Diego CA
Keywords: merchandising manager, merchandising specialist, merchandising lead, marketing analytics, category manager, planner, merchandise manager, buyer, assistant buyer, vendor manager, marketing, product manager, brand manager, ecommerce, e-tail, retail, electronics, consumer, appliances, fintech, finance, loans, startup
Our client is a mission-driven and revenue generating Technology Startup in San Diego that will soon be a household name! Their online platform advances their social good mission, to improve their customers’ lives and financial well-being through their innovative financing, loan, and retail offerings.
To continue scaling at triple digit growth rates to profitability this year, they are seeking a key Electronics Merchandise Manager. You will be integral in building out their largest and most profitable category. Thus, you’ll be in a highly visible role with lots of upward mobility! You’ll work cross-functionally with peers, as well as their visionary, transparent, and supportive Executive Team.
Their down to earth and open-door policy fosters a collaborative and proactive atmosphere where top achievers can thrive and be rewarded for their efforts! Hence, they’ve been repeatedly voted one of the “Best Places to Work” in San Diego. This is an ideal next step for an Assistant Buyer, Merchandising Planner, etc. with ecommerce experience to move into a more strategic role.
If you’re looking to feel charged up and positive about going to work every day, and ready to lend your expertise in eCommerce Merchandising to continue to build their Electronics portfolio, then apply today!
TO APPLY: Send your resume to Kanani Breckenridge (formerly Kanani Masterson) at email@example.com for confidential review. This is a fulltime role in San Diego, CA. Must be able to start a new position within 2-4 weeks of an offer, and be able to work without sponsorship for a US based company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement integrated content, promotions and creative campaigns required to drive growth and maximize customer value
- Develop revenue forecast and an associated budget, manage the budget and make ongoing recommendations for improvement and optimization
- Develop and maintain detailed monthly and quarterly metrics
- Optimize margin and sales for electronics category and all electronics sub-categories—e.g., video games, TVs, headphones, laptops, cameras, car electronics etc.
- Identify opportunities to improve margin, sales and assortment
- Implement a sourcing strategy to curate high-quality assortment within categories. (and other possible categories like fitness, sporting goods and toys). Drive all activities related to sourcing products.
- Manage supplier relationships including new wholesale costs, SKU selection, credit terms, promotional support, product data and images.
- Proactively communicate with vendors regarding available merchandise, close out opportunities
- Facilitate the selection and onboarding of new drop-ship suppliers
- Partner with logistics, fulfillment and customer service to ensure the service level & performance criteria and effective remedies for nonperformance that will enable long-term partnerships with their supplier base.
- Must have 3+ years merchandising/buying experience for an Ecommerce Retailer, ideally within the Electronics Category
- Must have experience with one or more areas of consumer electronics and related household or other appliances: headsets, gaming consoles, gaming accessories, laptops, audio, streaming consoles, mobile devices, phones, fitness trackers, automotive electronics, wearables, computers, robotics, drones, and other related gadgets
- The ideal candidate will understand consumer needs/trends, market opportunities and consumer experiences and use this knowledge to build excitement in the business and the brand.
- Experience working with drop ship vendors, larger online marketplaces (i.e.: Overstock, HSN, Amazon) along with flash sales and/or consignment background, a plus
- Personal Attributes: Proven ability to thrive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Proactive, Good with negotiation, Customer service oriented, Creative, Independent.
- Good analytical skills and retail math skills and comfortable in Excel
- Ability to multitask and direct multiple projects simultaneously.
- Startup and/or technology company experience a plus
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required, Masters’ preferred.
Salary: $60,000 – 85,000
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance
- Pre-IPO Equity
- Daily lunches and healthy snacks
- Matching 401K
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Generous PTO and flexible work hours
- Relocation expenses for out of area candidates