Accounts Payable/Account Receivable Clerk
San Diego, CA 92123
We have a client in San Diego eager to hire a talented Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk. This role is part of their Finance team and assists with ensuring the company invoices clients and then assists with posting payment for services provided to clients.
Some of the job duties:
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, or mailing contacts.
- When directed, drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Collaborates with the Office Manager on administrative work as needed.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for finance team as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- High school degree or equivalent required. AA degree or higher is helpful.
- At least one year of related work experience required.
- Must be fully vaccinated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Modified “light duty” restrictions may be arranged as needed and when available for job-related injuries or illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands for clerical duties and keyboarding. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel. Needs to be able to answer a telephone and respond to callers.
This position typically functions indoors in an office environment with light to moderate noise associated with business office equipment.
$18.00 Per Hour
M-F -8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.