Assistant Warehouse Manager
San Diego, CA 92126
Our client in San Diego has an opportunity to join their fast-growing company. This company is the special events field. The Assistant Warehouse Manager handles daily production operations of our San Diego warehouse, including freight, maintenance, shipping and receiving, returns and transfers. As a senior team leader for the warehouse operations and production crew, the successful candidate must possess and maintain high levels of accuracy in day-to-day operations, lead and develop the warehouse team and provide impeccable customer service to our clients.
Here's a snapshot of the job expectations:
- Maintain receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operation and personnel policies and procedures.
- Oversee production workflow to ensure seamless project fulfillment and returns.
- Implement operation systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local warehousing, material handling and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with reservation management system.
- Maintain physical condition of the warehouse inspecting equipment/inventory; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Implements, documents, and maintains all Quality Assurance/Control policies and procedures for the production team.
- Must participate (or send senior representative) to all relevant production meetings.
- Must provide consistent and accurate labor forecasting and sub-contractor labor reconciliation.
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, onboarding, and training employees.
- Maintain warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Implement and manage loss prevention and control.
- Standardize and maintain proper warehouse operations equipment (tools, supplies, par- inventories).
- Responsible for team uniforms and dress-code compliance at all times.
- Ensure that all new hires and terminations are documented and legally compliant.
- Implement and consistently maintain team recognition programs and performance efficiency incentives.
- Constantly seeks ways to improve efficiency, quality and cost control where applicable.
- Maintain high standards of customer service skills and exemplary compliance.
What the successful candidate needs:
- GED or high school diploma, Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- Event-related warehouse operations experience preferred.
- Must be able to supervise staff.
- Must be able to train and coach staff on a regular basis.
- Must be able to provide written reports and feedback to ownership.
- Must be organized, detail orientated, and team driven.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to constant change.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clear driving record.
- Able to read and write in English (bilingual preferred)
- Good computer skills to include email and Microsoft Office.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, and use their hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb.
- The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to heavy.
- The temperature will vary from hot to cold depending on the weather.
Interested in this job? Please respond to this post or call us at 858-597-4000.