Engineering Project Manager
San Diego, CA 92121 US
We are conducting a search for our client in San Diego for an Engineering Project Manager. Our client is a rapidly growing technology company that works within the defense, medical, and industrial sectors. Their priority is their customers.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k).
Information about this job:
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects consisting of complete design cycles - specification
review, CAD modeling, prototyping, fabrication, qualification, and product release.
- Be able to handle projects on a fast-paced timeline - usually under three months per project.
- Coordinate teams consisting of interdisciplinary engineers and members to design and develop
- Will delegate, assign, mediate, and document processes and outputs from all company departments
for a manufacturing release.
- Coordinate cross-departmental activities related to each project with Sales, Materials, Procurement,
- Conduct weekly project meetings and technical design reviews.
- Document meetings via agendas, meeting minutes, tasks, and action items.
- Interface directly with customers through all project phases and lead customer-facing design reviews as required.
- Plan and maintain detailed project schedules for tracking progress and reporting results to
- Control project expenditures, mitigate risks, and make executive decisions under various situations.
- Manage outside consultants and vendors as needed.
- Interface with Sales, Customer Service, and Manufacturing to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Support the sales department and management by reviewing specifications and estimating
development costs and schedules for sales opportunities.
Minimum requirements for the Engineering PM role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required.
- Minimum of three years of Project Management experience.
- PMI Certification - preferred.
- Must possess critical thinking skills, planning, and organizing skills.
- Strong communication skills and writing skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project is a must.
Interested in applying? Please respond to this post with your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.