Network and UC (Unified Communications) Engineer - Hybrid
San Diego, CA 92131 US
We are partnering with our client in San Diego in a search for Network and UC Engineer (Hybrid role). The candidate we are looking for likes working as part of a team, enjoys mentoring, and is process orientated. This role requires someone who enjoys leading projects and technical teams and has served as an escalation resource for your team and peers. Additionally, this role acts a leader in our project team, working closely with Project Management to deliver projects on time and within budget.
Our client is a rapidly growing technology company that provides technical support to a growing group of clients. Their priority is their clients and great service.
Information about this job:
- Manages assigned IT projects to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope of project.
- Under the direction of leadership, plans project and service execution to meet required revenue generation and resource utilization goals.
- Develops, maintains, and revises proposals for assigned projects including project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, timelines, funding, and staffing.
- Sets and tracks project milestones; manages and accounts for unforeseen delays, then realigns schedules and expectations as needed.
- Establishes and implements project communication plans, providing status updates to affected staff and stakeholders.
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes information and trends as needed to prepare project status reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Additional Required Skills/Abilities:
- Acts as lead on implementation, consulting, and staff augmentation projects.
- Acts as escalation point for technicians on service tickets.
- Able to effectively lead client-facing and internal meetings.
- Able to effectively create design, as-built, and operational documentation.
- Maintains documentation for installed equipment.
- Identifies aging service tickets.
- Mentors junior engineers and technicians.
- Maintains 75% utilization working independently.
- Engages with clients in a warm, welcoming manner.
- Conveys understanding and competency in communications clients and co-workers.
- Works collaboratively and escalates issues to the team in a timely, solutions focused way.
- Reliable vehicle and willing and able to travel in Southern California.
Minimum requirements for the IT Project Manager role:
- At least five+ years in corporate network design and administration work experience required.
- Prefer Certifications in ITIL Foundation, CCNP-Collaboration, CCDA/CCDP.
- Strong Layer 2&3 Networking expertise.
- Demonstrated experience with WAN and backbone network protocols (IPSec, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, etc.).
- Experience with NGFW technology (Juniper, Check Point, Fortinet, Palo Alto, etc.).
- Understanding of networking technologies and protocols including but not limited to: ADVPN, SD-WAN, EVPN, VXLAN, FHRP protocols.
- Certificates within network domain (CCNP, JNCIP-ENT, etc.).
- Experience in implementation of automation frameworks leveraging one or more of the following: Ansible, Nornir, Python, Jenkins, Git, Netbox.
- Experience with Cisco VOIP design and deployment.
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive problem solver.
- Excellent team player with strong collaboration skills.
- Efficient documentation skills.
- Desire to be challenged and keen to learn new technologies.
Some of the benefits offered by our client for this role:
- Casual, fun work environment
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 401K and FSA Plans
- 12 Paid Holidays/year
- 120 hours PTO accrued annually.
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Partial work from home program (for employees in good standing).
- A bounty of snacks, drinks, and coffee to keep you fed and caffeinated in the office.
- Employee benefits hub offering a wide range of discounted goods and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested in applying? Please respond to this post with your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.