Senior Engineer - Hybrid
San Diego, CA 92131 US
We are partnering with our client in San Diego in a search for a Senior Engineer (Hybrid role) that is a front-line customer facing role. The candidate we are looking for is customer service focused, process orientated, and is personally motivated to grow and continually learn. Our client is a rapidly growing technology company that provides technical support to a growing group of clients. Their priority is their clients and great service.
Information about this job:
- Client Support - Provide daily support to our existing clients, including their servers, workstations, storage, backup, DR, firewalls, switches, VOIP systems, & applications.
- Systems Architecture - Work directly with your Team to help architect major infrastructure & system upgrade projects for clients.
- Project Lead Engineer - Perform project installations & implementations as a hands-on engineer and be directly responsible for the complete life cycle of the project from inception to client hand off.
- Work assigned tickets daily.
- Work escalations from Tier I/II engineering.
- Train and mentor junior technicians and engineers.
- Ensure all managed service clients’ infrastructure is well documented.
- Ensure a backup and recovery solution is in place for all managed services clients.
- Identify systemic issues in day-to-day operations and work to correct.
- Convey understanding and competency in communications to clients and co-workers.
- Engage with clients as a trusted advisor to the infrastructure we support.
- Contribute to the improvement of process.
- Contribute articles and SOPs to our knowledge base, ITGlue.
- Participate in on-call rotation to respond to critical alerting outside of normal business hours.
- Occasionally work after hours and weekends as emergencies, maintenance, or project work dictates.
Minimum requirements for the Senior Engineer role:
- MSP experience required
- Windows Server (all versions)
- Firewalls, Managed Switches, VPNs & WiFi (VLAN, Routing knowledge)
- Exchange Server (all versions)
- Experience with VMware Infrastructure
- Experience with Hyper-V
- MCSA, MCSE, CCNA/CCNP or VCP Certification is desired.
- Azure & Office 365
- Remote Desktop Server
- Knowledge of security best practices, on premise and cloud
- Experience deploying and administering SSO/MFA solutions
- MDM deployment and administration
- Administration experience with Office 365 and Azure
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory
- Cisco Unified Communications experience (CUCM/CME Administration & troubleshooting)
- Proficiency with scripting/automation/powershell
- Connectwise experience a plus
- Solid understanding of complex IP networks
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, time management, project management, and conflict resolution
- Proficiency in presentation of technical and business subjects to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and drive to be successful.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or assistance.
- Solutions oriented mindset
- Growth mentality
- Reliable vehicle and willing and able to travel in Southern California
Some of the benefits offered by our client for this role:
- Casual, fun work environment
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 401K and FSA Plans
- 12 Paid Holidays/year
- 120 hours PTO accrued annually
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Partial work from home program (for employees in good standing)
- A bounty of snacks, drinks, and coffee to keep you fed and caffeinated in the office
- Employee benefits hub offering a wide range of discounted goods and services
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested in applying? Please respond to this post with your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.